Thursday, July 26, 2012

A peek at our Fall Windfall Doll


Emelia has been a quiet one lately.  Preferring to sit perched on her shelf rather than get her hands dirty in making friends.  She may be smiling but something is eating at her.

I believe that she is a bit cross at me about not having made her that baby of her own that I promised.  All in due time my girl, all in due time.  (She doesn't know it, but I have her baby almost finished up.  I was just waiting to get a bit further on the Fall doll before presenting it to her.)

Maybe I should just give it to her?  Then she might be a bit more help in the creative process.  I really have a hard time with decisions when she isn't there to be my sounding board and to tell me what color eyes to make, etc.

And so, until that she decides to come down off of the shelf and help me at my sewing table, I have been puttering away on a faceless girl.  A pretty lass with hair the color of a pumpkin patch.

Here I will leave you with a sneak peek at our Fall Windfall Doll.






Wishing you all a lovely summer.  And lots of hugs and kisses.

7 comments:

  1. Love the hair color! Looks like she's going to be such a cutie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hair tease you've shown is very nice. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where ever do you find the yarn for the hair - I've been looking for yarn just like that everywhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just adore her hair color. I have a bit of a love affair with pumpkins and squash. We thought we might run a small pumpkin farm eventually, but do manage a small stand most years. I love that the hair made me think of my little girl. Thank you for the preview.

    Pretty floral fabric, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, autumnal whimsy. Is there anything more beautiful than an autumn fairy or doll? I am always drawn to the earthiness of the autumn nature table at our Waldorf school, and find myself holding onto it through the winter. This doll already looks like she has captured the spirit of autumn. Golden light, warm colors, soft clothes. She is sublime.

    ReplyDelete