Saturday, April 28, 2012

Introducing Alexis:: A Windfall Doll

My twin Laura is my best friend in the entire universe.  She takes amazing care of my little boy while I work and her unwavering support of not only me, but my crazy tangents of interests never ceases.  I thought when I began making dolls that she would just nod and humor me as always, waiting for the phase to pass like all of the rest.

But she didn't.

She watched from afar as I made doll after doll after doll, never once judging a grown woman fall in utter love with the hobby of creating.

And then she took the bait.  She asked me for the directions and we bought some supplies and she blew me away with her talent.

It was amazing to see her first doll come to life.

Laura decided to send her first doll off into the world via a giveaway over at Smashed Peas and Carrots.  I have to say, I was a bit shocked that she wanted to give away her first babe, but I really do envy her generosity.

See why I love her so?

And so we introduce Alexis.  Named and lovingly handmade by her mama.

::A bit about Alexis::

Alexis is a little girl who stands all of 16 inches.  She is made using our original doll pattern. She loves to have picnics and eat oranges under the trees.


Her hair is silky black and she has two braids tucked under at the front.


Her dress is handmade using our patchwork pattern developed by her mama.


It has an gathered empire waist.

And a darling floor grazing ruffle.

Her Auntie (me) couldn't bare for her to go off into the world without a little shawl.  And so I made her one from a scarf that we had laying around.

She likes it tied at the front.


I also made her a little hair ribbon from some fabric yarn that I had left over from a rug.


Her face is precious.  Laura used our Lillipal inspired star eyes and I have to say that I love it on the larger doll.  She almost sparkles.


And even though Alexis is soon to be on her way to live with another family.  She will forever live on in our hearts as Laura's first doll.  Fingers crossed that she is far from the last.

If you want a chance to win Alexis, please stop over to Smashed Peas and Carrots.  The giveaway ends tomorrow, so you still have some time.

Kisses,

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment