Friday, April 20, 2012

Bonnets and bloomers and babies... oh my


I was chomping at the bit to create a new doll after I mailed off Marabel and Felicity to their new homes.  A bit of an empty feeling takes over me when I give each babe a final hug and kiss before tucking them into their packaging beds.


With a new supply of fabric and ideas swimming around in my head, I sat down at the machine and got to work.  My muse Emelia lent me her ear as I tried to make up my mind on what type of doll that I was going to make.  After all, she's been begging me for a playmate.

And so we rolled with her ideas.  The templates came out, clothes were made, and one precious babe has started to be brought to life

She has a tendency to breath down my neck and peek over my shoulder while I stitch.  Quite the task master, that one is.

(Emelia looking on at my progress.)

Emelia is quite please with herself.  She loves a baby and picked out all of the things that she would want for her own baby.

She decided on a bonnet (of course).


And a pocket for her baby to carry a little trinket in (practical).


She also cornered her Auntie Lala in the livingroom during a visit and kindly asked her if she might make her baby a sweater to keep warm with.

Auntie Lala was only too happy to oblige.


And finally, there was the one thing that she just wouldn't hear " No" about.  She insisted that this baby needed a proper pair of bloomers.  

Complete "with flouncy ruffles, Mama!".  


And so a new babe is stirring.  Being brought to life... stitch by stitch, slowly but surely.

******

Note:  Emelia just cannot fathom the fact that there are other dolls out in the world who have never known the fabulous-ness of a flouncy pair of bloomers.
She's actually quite upset with me that she, herself is without a pair.

I guess I had better get to work.

************
As a treat for our readers, Emelia has asked that we share the tutorial and template for the bloomers.  
We will be sharing the tutorial on Monday the 23rd.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Yes. Flouncy bloomers are essential!
    Gorgeous, as always ღ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post made my rainy Monday a bit more cheerful. Love the flouncy bloomers and a pocket is a must have! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your site. I am teaching myself to learn as many crochet stitches I can in order to learn to read the instructions. I am making my first Waldorf doll and need to find patterns for some cute clothes. I fell onto your site and love it. Thanks
    April

    ReplyDelete