Thursday, December 8, 2011

A peek....

This new Windfalls Doll is coming along swimmingly.  She ended up being a bit of an experiment, as I wanted to make her taller than our normal template allows for.  Simply by increasing the height by an inch, We are now working on a beautiful AND taller girl.

And her hair, oh that glorious poof of hair.  The yarn is Debbie Bliss Angel and it literally feels like I imagine a cloud would feel... if I could touch it.
It's my first time working with such a fine yarn and it was fun to get to see how it worked out.  I found that in the future, I will need to use a smaller crochet hook.  After I filled the cap with strands of yarn, I decided on needle felting some roving to cover some bare spots.

After giving her the most darling pigtails, we decided that her hairstyle would be a permanent style. We just liked it so much!

And now, she is busy picking out her wardrobe and accessories.

Only 4 more days until the giveaway!  
Please stop by on Monday to see her completed!

5 comments:

  1. Ohh, I love this doll! And the hair is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i am sooo excited to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog via Rhythm of the Home. Thanks so much for sharing the tutorial over there - I can wait to make that little Holly Berry. : )

    www.meli-mello.com

    ReplyDelete